Finance and Accounts Department
Finance and Accounts Department of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo as a service department is located at the Administrative block which is made up of six functional units. Each division is headed by professional accountants.
The descriptions of jobs to be handled by Finance and Accounts Department are given below:
Voucher / General Account Unit:
- Raise Payment Voucher base on approval of Chief Medical Director and Director of Administration.
- Dispatch of Vouchers to Internal Audit for Vouching and Verification, accuracy, e.t.c.
- Raise cheque for cleared vouchers.
- Enter cheques issued into cheque register.
Other General Duty
- Mail Receipt and Dispatching using dispatch / incoming mail register.
- Issuance of LPO on approval of CMD based on recommendation of Capital Consumables Tender Committee.
- Responsible for posting of tellers and till rolls.
- Analysis till Roll and agree with console pay solution.
- Batching of teller and till Roll for recording purpose.
- Keeping separate account for collection purpose.
- Analyse tellers to various IGR Centre using assigned code in the Interswitch solution.
- Monthly reconcillation of Cashbook with IGR Collection Bank Statement.
- Generate Reports to sweep from Collection Banks to various IGR Accounts.
- Posting from Cash Books into Various Ledgers.
- Raise journals for transaction that requires adjustment.
- Generate Trial balance.
- Posting tellers and payment vouchers into Cashbook.
- Maintain separate Richo File for each Bank to keep vouchers.
- Maintain separate file to keep teller.
- Update transactions on daily basis.
- Perform Monthly Reconcillation on Cashbook and Bank Statements.
- Raise Journal for each Cashbook.
Budget and Vote
- Collection of departments estimates on personnel and capital projects.
- Collation of collected data into Budget Estimate for the year.
- Monitoring actual expenditure against Budget Estimates.
- Render monthly report to the ministry on variations.
- Render Yearly appropriation account to the Accounts General Office.
- Preparation of monthly check-list to all departments to confirm staff on duty duly signed by Head of departments.
- Consider monthly salary variation which may be due for any factor e.g Deduction, Promotion, Staff Increment e.t.c.
- Make adjustment on the salary Package.
- Generate Nominal Roll and Payroll after adjustment.
- Prepare Payslip for various departments.
The notable achievements of Finance and Accounts Department of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital so far are clearly spelt out :
Mr. O. K. AjiteruDeputy Director of Finance.
- Timely provision of financial information and other relevant data to assist Management in day-to-day operation, planning, control and decision making.
- Determination of income and financial position on weekly and monthly basis to access general performance of the hospital.
- Liaising with the public such as External Auditors, Banks, Ministries and Parastatals in which the company has fiduciary relationship.
- Automation of cash collection through solution deployed by bank to reduce incidence of fraudulent practices.
- Automation of record keeping procedure through mini software application package.
- Prompt preparation and payment of salary through electronic payment system.