Chairman Medical Advisory Committee(CMAC)
Objectives and Functions
- To see to the efficiency & effectiveness of the clinic staffs.
- To see to the development of quanlitative health services to the public.
- To see to the training and re-training of the Doctors and other health care servers both at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Coordinating & controlling all clinical Departments.
- Organizing health related seminars/meetings like Grand Round which may be of immense contribution to the medical practice in the hospital.
- Advising Management in clinical related issues with the public.
- Relating on behalf of the hospital especially in clinic or medical related issues.
- Establishment of Drug Production Unit.
- Establishment of Amenities ward.
- Face-lifting of Clinical wards/departments.
- Procument/acquisition of various medical equipment like:
-Upgrading of medical services,
Commencement of new clinical services like spirometer e.t.c
- Re-accreditation of clinical departments like-Surgery, Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, E.N.T, Radiology (Radiographers' council), Initiation of paperless clinics, Re-accreditation of undergraduate programmes by MDCAN.
Dr Afolabi Babatunde hails from Ekosin, Odo Otin Local Government of Osun State, born 22nd December 1972 at Inisha.
He had primary education at Are Ago primary School , Ogbomoso between 1979 and 1984 and proceeded to Anglican Commercial Grammar School Osogbo between 1984 and 1988, he has been been in leadership since primary school day where he was senior prefect both at Primary and Seconday School. He had His A/L at Federal School of Art and science between 1988 and 1990. At Secondary School he came out with division one. He proceed to University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital between 1990 and graduated in 1998. He had his HouseJob and Nationation service at General Hospital , Baptist Medical Center and National Hospital Dala in kano. He is a fellow of West Afican College of Physcian and Associate Fellow of National Post graduate Medical College. He is an examiner and trainer in West Afican College of Physcian.
Since employment here.
He was casuality officer at A/E from 2003 to 2005, the position he handled with passion that grant him respect among staff and patient in the Hospital
He has been Executive memeber of ARD,a Chief Resident in Family Medicine.
Clinical/ Residency coodinator, HOD of Family Medicine , Head of NHIS, Head Of Staff Clinic, and Acting Chairman Medical Advisory Committe of the Hospital.
He has held so many position and chair many committees in the Hospital. His contribution during OHIS , Staff centric Committte can't be under estimated. He is a season administrator per excellence, teacher, researcher, adovate of His patient and mentor to many up coming Doctor. He is a memeber of many associations like NMA where he is Chairman of Infection Control of the state and he has held many leadership positions at one point or the other.
MDCAN, PIC of RIU, CAN , SOPFON, RC of GP.
He is married to Dr Mrs Afolabi Adebimpe, Consultant Peadiatrican and HOD Peadiatric and blessed with Children.
Dr. Babatubde B. A.Ag. CMAC LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo.