Chairman Medical Advisory Committee(CMAC)
Objectives and Functions
- To see to the efficiency & effectiveness of the clinic staffs.
- To see to the development of quanlitative health services to the public.
- To see to the training and re-training of the Doctors and other health care servers both at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Coordinating & controlling all clinical Departments.
- Organizing health related seminars/meetings like Grand Round which may be of immense contribution to the medical practice in the hospital.
- Advising Management in clinical related issues with the public.
- Relating on behalf of the hospital especially in clinic or medical related issues.
- Establishment of Drug Production Unit.
- Establishment of Amenities ward.
- Face-lifting of Clinical wards/departments.
- Procument/acquisition of various medical equipment like:
-Upgrading of medical services,
Commencement of new clinical services like spirometer e.t.c
- Re-accreditation of clinical departments like-Surgery, Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, E.N.T, Radiology (Radiographers' council), Initiation of paperless clinics, Re-accreditation of undergraduate programmes by MDCAN.
Dr. Daniel Adebode ADEKANLE is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Health Sciences of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo, State of Osun, Nigeria. He attended the University of Ibadan, Ibadan (UI) where he obtained MB.BS in 1994. He became a Fellow of the West African College of Surgeon in 2003 which qualified him to be a Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. He obtained a Master degree (M.Sc) in Epidemiology and Medical Statistics in the University of Ibadan, Ibadan in 2006 while he acquired certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health in 2013 in Geneva, Swizerland .
He started his professional career as a House Officer in University college Hospital, Ibadan between 1994 and 1996 before proceeding for his National Youth Service Corps as a Medical Officer attached to Etukwa Specialist Hospital, Uyo in Akwa Ibom State. He worked also as a Medical Officer at St. Mary Catholic Hospital, Eleta, Ibadan between 1997 and 1998. He started his residency training at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospital, Ibadan in 1998 and left as a Senior Registrar in 2004 after completing of his Specialist training.
He joined the College of Health Sciences of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo as a Lecturer I in October 2004 and rose accordingly to the current position of Associate Professor in 2011.
Dr. Adekanle belongs to series of professional organizations, among which are Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) and Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Nigeria (SOGON).
He has severally and jointly published many articles which are germane to Obstetrics and Gynaecology in various medical journals of the world.
The professional accomplishments of Dr. Daniel Adekanle include the following:
- Member, Committee in charge of control of HIV and Hepatitis infections at LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, State of Osun, Nigeria
- Member, Committee in charge of Continuous Medical Education in the State of Osun, Nigeria
- Resource Person in a 4-day workshop on "Emergency obstetric care and gynaecological cancer screen in low resource setting" held at LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, State of Osun, Nigeria between 4th and 7th December, 2006
- Chairman, Committee on Effective Working of the Outpatients Clinics of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, State of Osun, Nigeria
- He carried out many obstetric care consultancy services in a series of medications and operations within and outside the State of Osun
- Consultant on Emergency obstetric come to state of osun January 2009 - December 2009 to reduce maternal death in the state.
He is presently the Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, State of Osun, Nigeria.