Corporate Planning Department
The department emerged alongside with other major administrative departments (in the Directorate of Administration headed by the Director of Administration) on 3rd May, 2001. The activities of the department encompass the sub-unit functions such as:
Sub-Units in the Department
- Physical Manpower Development Unit
- Planning and Training Unit.
- Corporate Administration and services.
- Medical Schools Training Programmes (in collaboration with College of Health Sciences, LAUTECH Osogbo).
Objectives and Goals of the Department
The department goals are essentially to coordinate and plan for qualitative health care through effective management of resources:
- To participate in setting goals and objectives by liaising with the office of the Chief Medical Director, Director of Administration, Coordinator of Residency Training Programme and Officers especially, in area of Planning, Projects Administration, Training and Hospital Insurance scheme implementation. This is to be accomplished by interacting and consulting with the various HODs and Directors as to their department objectives and priorities especially in the areas of projects and manpower.
- To assist the Director of Administration on matters relating to corporate planning, training and services that may improve the operations of the Teaching Hospital.
- To collate all the Departmental Annual Estimates for the working of Financial Allocation, Estimates and Budgets Committee.
- To assist in the preparation of rolling plan and capital budget.
- To collect, collate and analyze statistical data relating to corporate activities and administration.
- To assist in the running of the various revolving fund schemes in the clinical departments especially in the areas of implementation and evaluation of performance ratio, for planning and training needs.
- To assist the Chairman Medical Advisory Committee in effective and efficient administration of Directorate of Clinical Services.
- To initiate and organize all kinds of training programmes i.e. In-Service Training, Workshops/Seminars, In-house training and research subject to the approval of the Hospital Management Committee.
Serves as Secretary of:
- Residency Programme Training Committee.
- Manpower Development and Training Committee.
- Project Monitoring Committee.
- Finance and General Purpose Committee (A Sub Committee of Management Board)
- Committee on Registration of Contractors and Consultants.
- Committee on Pension and National Housing Fund.
Major Activities and Achievements
It is pertinent to say that from 2004 to date, the activities of the department continued to record remarkable achievements in the area of training and enrichment programmes for both medical and non-medical personnel through the support and cooperation of the Chief Medical Director and Management Committee. The activities of the department have been noticed in our periodic training programmes with an impressive turn-out and performance.
Owolade O. A. Ph.D HOD Corporate Planning.
Powered by MIS, LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Osogbo.
Email us at email@example.com.