Notable Achievements in the Department
Training: The department offers post graduate training in Family Medicine with current accreditation with National Postgraduate Medical College Nigeria (NPMCN) and West African College of Physicians (WACP).
- The department has produced nine (9) consultant Family Physicians, the current Head of Department is a pioneer of resident and a time the Chief Resident of Family Medicine Department.
- Presently ther are 10 senior registrar in the department at various levels of their training.
- A full well funished adminisrative office.
- A photocopy machine to enhance our training program and projects.
- Public address system (PAS) during our clinical metings.
- There are also 13 junior registrar at various levels of training.
- A functional library and seminar room.
- The department rotates registrars for surgical exposure in Obstetric and Gynecology at state specialist hospital, Asubiaro and exposure in surgical training at Comprehensive Health Centre, Ikirun.
- The department has international relationship with other Medicine Training Institute in and outside the country.
- Ther is positive move for the Department to collaborate and to run an effective Staff Centric Health Care Scheme inform of an effective Medical Policy to enhance welfare of the staf of Ladoke Akintola Teaching Hospital, Osogbo. This committee is headed by the current Head of Family Medicine Dpartment.
Trainers in the Department
| Dr. Afolabi B.A ||Department Head / Chief Training|
|Dr. Abdulwasiu-idowu K. G || Director of Training|
|Dr. A. O Ogundapo|| Study Leave|
|Dr. A. V Adefila|| Study Leave|
|Dr. Odewale || (Visiting Trainer)|
|Dr. B.O. Fatoki|
The Family Medicine Department under the headship of the current Head of Department Dr. B. A. Afolabi has undergone tremedious administrative feats like creation of the geriatric unit, effective NHIS administration and creation of more consulting rooms/ offices.
Ongoing Academic Programs
Dr. Afolabi B. A. HOD Family Medicine.
- Care presentations
- Topic presentations
- Journal Reviews
- Case Boook Review
- Regular post graduate College Review courses
- Regualar post graduate College Research Methodology
- Regular Medical Ethnics courses
- Specialized training in areas of interarct.