Department of Nursing
Nursing Department in LAUTECH commenced its services in July, 2000. It renders training services for the student nurses posted to the hospital. We have the Deputy Director of Nursing Services (DDNS) who is being assisted by Assistant Directors (ADNS) and other cadres in Nursing viz: Chief Nursing Officers, Principal Nursing Officers, Senior Nursing Officers, Nursing Officer I and II.
Nursing Department Objectives
- To give quality and individualized nursing care to all patients/clients.
- To educate patient on the importance of preventive medicine through educative programs on media.
- To provide adequate health care based on scientific principles.
- To give relief to patient in critical state.
Nursing Department Functions
- Organization of the department.
- Participating in Management meeting for development of the department and the organization.
- Preparation and submission to the Management, staff appraisal forms, annual reports etc.
- Liaising with other departments with regards to patient/client care.
- Maintenance of clinical equipment and instruments.
- Orientation programmes for newly employed nurses to enhance their efficiency in the ward.
- Maintenance of discipline among members of the departments.
- Training of nursing students.
- Monitoring of all nursing staff.
- Rendering professional advice to the Management for effective nursing care.
Nursing Care:What it entails
Nursing is an art and science of caring for individual either sick or well. Health as defined by WHO is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
HOLISTIC: Care of patient/client encompasses caring for the physical, social, mental and spiritual need of the person concerned.
Nurses render services in collaboration with other medical departments in the special areas such as Accident and Emergency, Ophthalmology, Family planning, Paediatrics, Intensive care, Ultrasound, Renal, Heamodialysis, Theatre, Electrocardiogram, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), NHIS, IHVN and Community Health Care.
Wards and Clinics
Mrs Adeyanju P. O. Deputy Director of Nursing Services (DDNS)
|1. Male medical ward.||2. Male surgical ward.||3. Male orthopaedic ward||4. Female medical ward|
|5. Female surgical ward.||6. Gynae ward||7. Paediatrics medical ward||8. Paediatric surgical ward|
|9. Paeditrics Medical ward II.||10. Special care baby unit.||11. Children emergency unit.||12. Burn/Plastic unit.|
|13. Eye/E.N.T ward.||14. Mental Health ward.||15. Accident and emergency unit.||16. Intensive care unit|
|17. Renal unit.||18. Labour ward.||19. Post Natal ward.||20. Medical out patient clinic|
|21. Surgical out patient clinic.||22. Children out patient clinic.||23. General out patient Dept.||24. ENT clinic/Eye clinic |
|25. Mental health clinic.||26. Family planning clinic||27. Child welfare clinic||28. NHIS (National Health Insurance Scheme)|
|29. IHVN (Institute of Human Virology,Nigeria)||30. Ante-natal clinic||31. Orthopaedic clinic||32. Staff clinic
|33. Ilie and Ita-Akogun Community Health Centres|| || ||
Powered by MIS, LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Osogbo.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.