Public Relations Department
Public Relations Department is set up to project and position the hospital as a health institution that is committed to providing high quality care services by attracting into its workforce, high caliber of health workers and promoting medical researches of immense human values.
The function of Public Relations are
- Generating and sustaining good understanding between the hospital and the public.
- Creating favourable opinions towards the hospital's services.
- Implanting good attitudes in all the hospital staff so as to promote harmony in their interactions
- Achieving a high level of co-operation and rapport between all the stakeholders including the government agencies and institutions with similar service mandate.
Duties of Public Relations Department
- Press briefings on hospital activities when the need arises.
- Documentation of hospital events through photographs, video recording, and other ICT channels.
- Monitoring of the hospital services with a view to ensuring maximum and effective service delivery.
- The department maintains effective cordial relations with the mass media through the following:
- Press conference.
- Press luncheons.
- Hospital facility tours.
- Courtesy visit to media houses.
- The Public Relations Department disseminates approved information to external bodies such as owner state governments, (Oyo and Osun) board of directors, relevant organizations (local & international).
- Public Relations Department encourages performance by having suggestion boxes and centres for collating complaints within the hospital premises.
- In order to allow flow of information on staff matters for industrial peace and harmony, the department has notice boards around the hospital premises.
- Public Relations Department distributes gifts and momentoes such as festival cards, diaries and calendars at the appropriate seasons.
- Public Relations Department arranges protocol matters.
Information and Patients Complaints Centre
As a way of promoting and ensuring SERVICOM at LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, the department has an Information and Patients Complaints Centre.
Functions of Information and Patient Complaint Centre
The centres is located in front of GOPD for the following purposes:
- Receiving complaints from patients or their relations.
- Liaising with heads of clinics/units with a view to solving problems encountered by the patients.
- Disseminating appropriate information on hospital services by pasting bulletins in strategic places.
- Liaising with different service points with a view to knowing their problems.
- Submitting daily reports to the Chief Medical Director on all aforementioned and any other salient information or occurrences relating to staff conduct and service delivery.
The Reception Unit under the Public Relations Department welcomes and screens visitors as to know who they want to see, the purpose, enquires if there is any previous appointment. Information so gathered assists the receptionist to direct visitors to appropriate offices. The Receptionist also accepts messages and passes them to appropriate offices.
Mr. Ayodele AdeyemoHead, Public Relations Department.